"A-Player" Vehicle Re-mapping Technician Looking for a Long-Term Career Opportunity
Dear Prospective Team Member,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this job vacancy notice. I hope that you have precisely what we’re looking for in a candidate so my team can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding position we have available.
Let me begin by sharing a little about our company and the position we currently have available.
My name is Oli Billson and my company is called Black Code.
We are specialists in vehicle remapping. No matter type or size of vehicle, Black Code can make it perform better through our software tuning solutions.
Our offices are located in Stafford, Unit 1 Tilcon Avenue, Baswich Lane Industrial Estate, Stafford, ST18 0YJ
If you’re selected for this position, you’ll work here every day and our typical office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm (sometimes 6pm). This is a salaried position with significant growth opportunities available for “A Players”.
Are You An "A Player"?
There are a lot of jobs out there today.
At Black Code we’re ONLY looking for “A-Players” to join our team.
“A-Players” are people who are committed to excellence in all that they do.
They can get a job anywhere, but they take the time to research the companies they’re considering working for, they’re selective in the interviews they go out on, and they “go the extra mile” in searching for the “right” position because they’re looking for more than a job… they’re looking for a long-term career opportunity.
They’re looking to be part of a team where they can make a positive impact on the world through the work they do WHILE being challenged to grow and become a better version of themselves.
If that doesn’t sound like you, then feel free to stop reading this page now.
If you think you are, in fact, an “A Player”, then please read on to learn more about the exciting opportunity we have available for the right candidate.
Our hiring process isn’t quick and easy.
We’re going to ask you to jump through a few hoops to prove you’ve got the character and can demonstrate the values that align with our team and mission.
You’ll have a least 2 interviews.
And we’re going to take our time in making sure you’re someone we want to invest our time and resources in growing.
What we’re really looking for is someone who wants to grow with us in the years to come.
Ok, if I still haven’t scared you away just yet, let’s continue…
List of Responsibilities For This Position
The Technical Support Rep position has several responsibilities you'll be expected to perform:
- Software Recalibration for vehicle tuning - you will be writing software with the support our technical team to develop quality custom written tuning files for a variety of vehicles
- Bench programming ECUs - Where necessary communicate directly with a vehicles ECU, including removal then finding effective connectively direct to the circuit board
- Provide First class customer service - we have a large network of distributers and franchisees across the UK. You must be able to communicate quickly and professionally to support their needs.
- Research & Development – assist the business to research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making, marketplace, competition, pricing structure and technology
- Sales & Marketing – Assist the business to implement business growth on a consistent basis through direct marketing
- Administration – assist the business with relevant administration tasks as and when required
Required Skills & Qualifications
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
▪ Developing self – time management – self organisation – decision making – planning – prioritising
▪ Mechanical background - within the car enthusiast or general automotive industries prerequisite
▪ Good IT skills – within the Window environment and associated packages
▪ Sales skills - be able to assist with sales calls and develop prospective customers.
▪ Ideas Generator/Solutioneer - problem solving – creative out of the box thinking and a try approach.
▪ Articulate – good standard of written English - report writing - general communication.
▪ Creative – adapt to varying situations, environments and technical challenges
▪ Roll sleeves up and get hands dirty approach to work – including mechanical work when required including component removal from vehicles
We don’t sit still at Black Code. This is a fast-paced environment and you’ll play an integral role in the voice of the company. This means you understand both the big picture and tactical details. You take ownership of tasks and see them through to the finish line. You will provide strategic insight into integrated communication plans. You’re a highly motivated and reliable self-starter who works as well independently as with others.
We’re looking to hire the right person immediately. So if this sounds like a career opportunity that interests you, follow these instructions now.
NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
Fill out the form below to learn more and download a simple info sheet with next actions and instructions for applying:
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Again, thanks very much for your interest,